Why an Interview,,,

Over the years we have been able to meet and talk with some very interesting people. They have shared with us their knowledge and have provided us with a great deal of insight as to how and why festivals and events work and why they are so important to our communities and to the Province of Ontario. With this in mind, we decided that we wanted you to meet and hear from some of the wonderful people who work so hard to provide us all with such wonderful Ontario Festivals and Events! We are pleased and proud to present "THE INSIDE SCOOP"!

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Road Blocks to Success… (Part 1)

 I was at a festival helping my sister set up her art booth. During the set up I talked to an artist acquaintance who I knew participated in a number of shows throughout the year. I wanted to find out more about these shows and what he thought of them. That’s when we started to talk about the different rules and regulations that organizers and governments threw in the way to prevent festivals and events from having ultimate success. The artist gave me a number of examples of poorly conceived rules that just made me shake my head in disgust! I think the best example of fuzzy headed thinking was the festival that decided to charge vendor participants a fee for parking on their grounds! What were they thinking??!! I’ve talked about this before, but I think it bears repeating, for many events, vendors are the engine that drives people to their event. Why bite the goose that lays the golden egg?

(To be continued in Part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment