Why an Interview,,,

Over the years we have been able to meet and talk with some very interesting people. They have shared with us their knowledge and have provided us with a great deal of insight as to how and why festivals and events work and why they are so important to our communities and to the Province of Ontario. With this in mind, we decided that we wanted you to meet and hear from some of the wonderful people who work so hard to provide us all with such wonderful Ontario Festivals and Events! We are pleased and proud to present "THE INSIDE SCOOP"!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Joan Balinson & John Terence, Canadian International Military Tattoo & Festival















"Grand Finale" photo taken by Gary McWilliams, Ontario Visited
Interview with Ms. Joan Balinson, Executive Director &
Mr. John Terence, Producer
Canadian International Military Tattoo & Festival


VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION ...
As many of you know, I volunteer at a Pioneer Village which is fairly close to my home community. I realize the importance of the Volunteers being appreciated. I, as one of them, have been truly blessed with the ongoing, constant courteous appreciation extended to me from the Lang Pioneer Village & Museum Managers and Staff. It makes me feel very much appreciated and needed. They have even called me “a valuable part of their team”. That, my friends, goes a long way for me. I want to volunteer all the more, knowing that somehow I can make a difference, that what I am contributing is appreciated and does matter. Joan at the Canadian International Military Tattoo & Festival tells us that … “On-site volunteers receive a t-shirt for identification; meals and snacks.  Within the following few weeks we send letters of appreciation, hold an appreciation dinner and present certificates according to years of service.  Also, volunteers are scheduled so that they can see show on the off day.  We treat our performers very well, and there is a waiting list of international bands who would like to perform in Canada.  We are limited only by funding.”  With that being said, next week Ms. Balinson shares with us the Importance of Sponsorship Funding and Grants.
(To Be Continued)


No comments:

Post a Comment