“The following is a continuation of my Event Development Series. Several months ago, I started the series with the first section, “Initial Development”. The second section is entitled “Research and Preliminary Planning”. Now that you and your team have decided to proceed with the event, it’s time to get serious! As suggested previously, any thoughts and idea are more then welcome!”
Research and Preliminary Planning
You’ve determined that you “financially” want to proceed with your festival or event and you and your committee have completed plenty of “research”. Now it’s time to start your “Preliminary Planning”.
Preliminary Planning – Target Audience
You must know who your primary audience is! Obviously, this is one of your most important considerations. Here is a list of some of the questions that need to be asked and answered:
1. Who are you targeting - families, adults, seniors, juveniles, youths, children, males, females, etc.? It is very important for you to accurately define your target audience.
2. Where will your target audience come from? Are they local, from specific groups, such as senior's home? Are they from within your geographical area or outside it? if outside, how will you attract them to your event?
3. How much will your target audience be willing to pay to attend your event?
4. Does your audience have special needs or interests?
5. Will they really be interested in what you are planning on offering the?
Once you have answered these questions
and more, you can really start your final plan!
(To be continued)
Post a Comment