Why an Interview,,,

Over the years we have been able to meet and talk with some very interesting people. They have shared with us their knowledge and have provided us with a great deal of insight as to how and why festivals and events work and why they are so important to our communities and to the Province of Ontario. With this in mind, we decided that we wanted you to meet and hear from some of the wonderful people who work so hard to provide us all with such wonderful Ontario Festivals and Events! We are pleased and proud to present "THE INSIDE SCOOP"!

Thursday, February 4, 2021

It Makes Me Wonder Why…

 Not often, but sometimes when I approach a crafter, artisan or artist at a festival to take a photo or to talk to them about their creations, I get turned down. This happens even after I explain to them what I am doing and that I am willing to promote them and their products for free! It makes me wonder why they would say No! The purpose of their being at a festival is to sell and promote their goods, isn’t it? If so, why would they refuse my help? I do know that some are afraid that I might be trying to steal their design or unique ideas, and that’s fair. However, I never take close up photos of products unless I receive permission or I am asked to by the creator. If they have a website, I even offer to link to their site (at no cost). So, what I am I doing wrong? Perhaps I am not explaining what I do properly. Perhaps they have been burnt by someone else who promised but didn’t deliver or lied about what they were doing. Perhaps they just don’t want to be promoted. I don’t know. It’s still a mystery to me! 

I am hoping someone, who would say “NO”, will read this article and tell me why. After all, my website, Ontario Visited (http://www.ontariovisited.ca/) is dedicated to promoting Ontario festivals and the vendors who support them!

No comments:

Post a Comment