Here are a few simple ideas:
- Find ways to use sponsor’s products. For example, if it’s a soft drink company, insist that all food vendors sell the sponsor’s products.
- If you are being interviewed by television or radio, make sure that you mention as many sponsors as possible.
- If you have a key sponsor, try to wear a shirt or cap with their logo. Especially when you are being interviewed.
- During the event ask sponsors to set up product displays. Make the space part of their sponsorship package.
- A comprehensive promotion plan should be put into place and all team members should be fully aware of the plan and should carry it out throughout the festival/event.
The better you promote your sponsors, the more likely they will return next year, even in a poor economy!