The following is a list of my top washroom facilities “pet peeves”:
- Poorly located facilities, especially for visitors who need to use the facilities frequently
- Too few washrooms for the size of the event
- Lack of or no disabled facilities
- Unclean and poorly maintained facilities
- No wash-up stations
- Poorly stocked facilities (toilet paper, water, towels, soap, etc.)
Organizers should make sure they inspect the washroom facilities that they are renting to ensure that they are good quality and reflect the quality of the event. They should also insist on frequent clean out, even if it costs a little more. Finally, organizers should ask for references and check them out. Remember these washroom facilities are an intricate part of your festivals reputation.
Having washroom high on your priority list will pay big dividends. If it works for Disney, it will work for you. Your visitors will appreciate your efforts!