Why an Interview,,,

Over the years we have been able to meet and talk with some very interesting people. They have shared with us their knowledge and have provided us with a great deal of insight as to how and why festivals and events work and why they are so important to our communities and to the Province of Ontario. With this in mind, we decided that we wanted you to meet and hear from some of the wonderful people who work so hard to provide us all with such wonderful Ontario Festivals and Events! We are pleased and proud to present "THE INSIDE SCOOP"!

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Top 10 Event Suggestions…

The Nomad and I were having coffee and a bagel at one of our local Tim Hortons. Believe it or not we like to go there to write. I find it less distracting then home! While I was there, an acquaintance stopped to say hello. He is the past chair of the Rotary portion of the Cobourg Waterfront Festival. Naturally our conversation turned to the Waterfront Festival and festivals in general. I told him about Ontario Visited and that Gary and I completed a personal event evaluation after visiting each event. He asked me if I had any suggestions on how to improve the Waterfront Festival of just festivals in general. I told him we would give him our top 10 suggestions! I want to share these suggestions with you in this blog. They are presented in no particular order of importance, but my biggest pet peeve is poor or no external or internal signage. That being said, the others suggestions will vary according to the type and size of the events being organized.

Here is my Top Improvement 10 list:

  1. Good and well placed signage
  2. Well designed and informative websites
  3. Shuttle services when needed
  4. Package delivery service
  5. Services for seniors and the disabled
  6. Clean and well placed washroom facilities
  7. Shaded seating areas
  8. Informative festival guides
  9. Informed well trained volunteers
  10. Good food at fair prices

No comments:

Post a Comment