Why an Interview,,,

Over the years we have been able to meet and talk with some very interesting people. They have shared with us their knowledge and have provided us with a great deal of insight as to how and why festivals and events work and why they are so important to our communities and to the Province of Ontario. With this in mind, we decided that we wanted you to meet and hear from some of the wonderful people who work so hard to provide us all with such wonderful Ontario Festivals and Events! We are pleased and proud to present "THE INSIDE SCOOP"!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Interview with Greg Berrea (Part One)



Greg Berrea
St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival
Marketing Director

Greg Berrea is starting his third season as Marketing Director of the St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival. Getting THE INSIDE SCOOP, I wondered how he got involved! Greg tells me that “I was looking for meaningful employment when I answered an ad in my local paper for a bookkeeper/marketing representative position with a local Registered Charity”. It is no wonder that he is a good fit for this job, he has a two year college diploma in Business-Accounting from St. Lawrence College, a degree in Economics from University of Ottawa and three years in sales! Although Greg is “just the marketing guy”, I find him to be interesting to talk with and I’m sure he has some INSIDE SCOOP to share with us all! With the kindness of the folks at the St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival, we have been fortunate to join in on a couple of occasions for their “Gala” evenings held on the first evening of the first performance of the season, opening night as it were! We have seen Greg “tending bar” after some of the performances over the years and I was wondering if he had any opportunities to enjoy watching the performances? He does actually watching the performances 2-3 times each season. This led me to wonder if Greg had a favorite production. Greg replays … “That’s a tough question. My favorite Shakespearean play was As You Like It. The music and feel of the 1960’s along with the language of Shakespeare and the outdoor venue blew me away; it was also my first show. My other favorite was a St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival commissioned play called Trouble on Dibble Street, it was just too funny”. Both Gary and I enjoyed this play immensely! It was too funny and the actors/actresses were top notch! Getting Greg to share who his favorite performer was difficult to obtain as he is a true “politician” with his answer … stating “Any past and present member of the St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival ensemble!" (To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment